CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Disneyland!! And life in general

Last Thursday I went to Disneyland again, finally! I had been wanting to go for ages but didn't actually do it. I love all the Halloween decorations. And I L-O-V-E love the Haunted Mansion Holiday ride!! Haunted Mansion has never been one of my 'must-ride' rides, but I'm sure I must have been on it decorated for the holidays last time I lived here. I don't remember it being so cool though. I rode it early on during my visit and then went back at the end and rode it twice in a row. Haha. I'm going to try to go to Disneyland as much as I can while it's on (does Haunted Mansion change after Halloween or after Christmas?).

I also rode most of my favorites. I went on Peter Pan, which I haven't been on in a while. Also my 2 other favorites, Indiana Jones and Pirates of the Caribbean - both of which actually stopped for a short time while I was on them. Haunted Mansion did that the first time I rode it that day too.. maybe I was a curse. Pirates was the worst though... my boat stopped between the scene where the piano plays itself, and the scene after it, and the music did a few repetitions (changing up and down in volume, I think because they realised it would be annoying for it to stay so loud) before we started moving again. Then all the boats were nose-to-tail and constantly stopped, started, and bumped into each other for the rest of the ride. The people in front of me were riding for the first time and I felt like saying to them 'trust me, it's usually sooo much better'. The ride was closed earlier in the day and for a short time after I was on it too, so obviously there was some issue.

I'm house-sitting/pet-sitting soon, which will be fun. I'll have a house, a pool, a dog and a kitten for a week or so! Oh, I'm also already cat-sitting so that cat will be going with me too but staying in the bedroom. Craziness. I'm babysitting a few times too, which I'm really looking forward to! I don't know what's happening with an actual job... I'm waiting to hear back from 2 places I've applied. One, I've been to 2 interviews for and from what they said I should have heard from them already so that's a bit odd. I don't actually want that job though because although it offers health insurance it is only 30 hours a week and the shift times aren't great. I would need to pick up more hours/more work elsewhere if I took that job because I can't live on that little money!! The other job I've done a phone interview for and I am meant to hear by mid-next week. That one I really want. It's frustrating though because I want and need to plan ahead and know if I have a job and where. I have a friend who's going to be in L.A for a few days at the end of the month and I want to plan if/when I can do things with her. Also, if I don't get one of these jobs I need to book flights to Australia for November. I'll be going back there for a few weeks to get medications if I can't get a job with health insurance before then. So I want to book the flights asap if I need them to make sure I get decent prices. At the moment I'm kinda in limbo... I spent most of today organising my itunes files onto an external harddrive and randomly watching episodes in a Degrassi: Next Generation marathon (a show I've never watched before). A bit pathetic. I want a good job!!

6 comments:

Jill said...

So glad you enjoyed Disneyland. Isn't it the best?

Kate said...

If I remember correctly they do "Nightbare Before Christmas" theme on the Haunted Mansion. But I am not 100% sure about that.

Are the jobs placements from that nanny agency? I am still thinking of nannying next year.

Danielle Moss said...

I'm so glad you had fun at Disneyland! The Haunted Mansion changes to "nightmare before Christmas" now and stays that way through early January.

Christmas goes up November 21st (you must think I'm insane). I don't just know that. I looked it up!

Have you been at Christmas?

We should meet up for some coffee bean or something. If you want to, email me at blogsbydanielle@gmail.com

Danielle Moss said...

Are you going to post Photos??

Danielle Moss said...

Can you email me your # again? When I got my new cell I lost a few new phone numbers. I was actually going to call you the other day and realized you weren't in my phone.

Danielle

The Mrs. said...

I have still not been!!! I know my days are numbered though because Landon will want to go!