CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Once Bitten, Twice Shy

Today I went shopping at the Burbank Town Center. I didn't realise it 'til I got there, but I'd actually been there once before to go to Ikea. I wanted to go to Steve & Barry's to check out Sarah Jessica Parker's clothing line, Bitten. I saw an article at PopSugar.com about Lauren Conrad's fashion line, which reminded me about seeing SJP's on Oprah sometime last year. Anyway, on the line's website there are tons of cute items on show so I got really excited about going to see them. Well, none of those items were there. At least none of the bright, pretty, memorable ones. The website must have just the summer line on display and the store must not have anything except the fall line. Tons of button-down shirts, boring pants, ugly shoes.. I was not impressed. They had a stack of jeans, I bought 2 pairs. They are super basic, but they were less than $10 each. That's the good part about the store - cheap. I really hope that they'll have some stuff I like another time, because the concept is great and the designs advertised on the website are great. There's just nothing there that I like/want at the moment.

Earlier today, at Macy's, I bought these shoes. I wasn't looking for anything like them, but they were on sale and they caught my eye. Now I just have to face the issue of 'what do I wear them with?' and the issue of getting used to wearing them so that they are comfortable, because at the moment they are not particularly!

One great thing about the long drive in traffic to the center today was the drive home. I hadn't driven into the valley for ages so I've missed my favorite stretch of freeway - driving back into L.A through the mountains by the Getty Center. Love love love that area, I don't know why.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for your comment about the earthquake. I was SO freaked out and scared!


I LOVE your new shoes. They are so cute. I think I might need to stop in Macy's to get a pair! I'm not sure if I have enough room in my suitcase. I'm leaving L.A. with a lot more than I came with. :) I think the shoes would look cute with almost any solid color dress.

Danielle Moss said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

I'll add your blog to my site as well!

Danielle